Saturday, August 25, 2007

August 25, 2007






Wow, that was one crazy week. Besides having inservice each day from 8 to 4, I had to skip out to do some other stuff too.

Monday I had to go to the next town and pick up the rabies vaccine from their health department as the health department here did not have it. Then the shots began. Nine shots the first day. The reason they hurt is that they have to be intra-muscular, so they have to go in deep. I was a bit sore. Got the second vaccine on Thursday, but it was just one shot in the arm. Next day is going to be on Monday. I am telling you it is so much fun.

Tuesday we went to court for the probate. The judge was so nice and patient. I still am not sure I understand all the ins and outs of the legal mumbo jumbo, but I have a wonderful attorney taking care of us.


Wednesday was two months. A tough day. They called after lunch to tell us the marker was in. So I left work and met Dh and son out there to look at it. It is beautiful, they did a great job on our special instructions. For the marker to come in on the 22nd, makes you think.


Thursday evening we watched the youngest grandsons so my daughter and her hubby could take the oldest to meet the teacher night. He is so excited to begin first grade! Then we kept them all so they could have their date night, after they left about 10 I got busy on Caden's first birthday cake. I make each one of the grandkids a small bear that they can demolish. So we went to bed late!


Friday was another long day. We had meetings and then after school a get together for the teachers, from there I went to Chuckie Cheese for the birthday party. It was a lot of fun. I feel asleep on the couch about 10 last night, guess I was tired.

Today we begin helping my son and his wife pack up to move, they are supposed to be out of their house by Sunday night.


A friend gave me a book by Elizabeth Edwards to read. She lost a son in a car accident and a quote in her book makes sense to me and helps me make sense of how I feel sometimes. She said that whatever happens to her it she knows she can make it because she has already had the worst day of her life. I agree, I have already been through the worst day of my life, so everything else is small potatos.
Megan and Caden, he turned one yesterday.
I love you girls!



4 comments:

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

I'm glad to see you're keeping busy. Take care of you! You're always in my prayers. {{{}}}

Anonymous said...

Wow you were busy!! I am sorry you have to have so many shots. I got bite by a barracuda and had to have shots. But I only had one? yep bite in the foot. (((hugs)) I love the picture she is Beautiful, and a Beautiful Angel!

Rina said...

Wow so sorry to hear about the shots you have to go thru. Still here and keeping up with your blog, thinking of you always. Take care.

Aleta said...

Teresa, you are in my thoughts every day. God Bless!